Well, 2009 is just around the corner. As I ponder this year behind and the one ahead, I am overwhelmed by God's grace to me. Over the past year I have met some of the most amazing friends online. These ladies are part of a yahoo group that uses the same History Curriculum----Tapestry of Grace. What an encouragement they have been, and what a blessing it has been to hold them close in prayer. I am constantly amazed that God is not bound by geography. He has brought women together from all over the United States, and bound them by their love for Him and other similarities in their lives. I have laughed more and cried more over this past year than I have in a long time, and that has made me feel so alive!
I have also enriched some dear friendships with some ladies at my church. What a blessing to get to know them better through Bible Study both at church and in their homes. And watching my children grow through the bonds of good Christian friends has overwhelmed me completely.
Through this past year of homeschooling I have watched my children blossom, and I have learned so many new things. But mostly I have been reminded time and again of the greatest truth of all------My God is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. He is faithful and just. He deals fairly with His people. He will use ALL circumstances for His good-----He has through all of history (HIStory) and He continues to do the same today. He works consistently for the good of those who believe in Him.
We just celebrated the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ. Oh that we would remember that He came to die. The cute baby in the manger is God on earth, come to die for my sins. He came from heaven to be nailed to a tree-----for me. Oh what love---I can't comprehend it. All I can do is fall on my face in worship and praise and surrender.
And that is how I hope to live 2009. And in the Lord's strength, my life will be poured out for the One Who saved me......My Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. He is Jesus, He is the perfect Husband, He is the perfect Father. Oh let me adore Him, all day, every day.
Blessings,
Sharon
1 comment:
TOG has been a great blessing in my life too. We've been using it for two years now. Last year was a very light Year 1 as we were in Kindergarten. This year I have a 1st grader and a K, and we have plunged into Y1. The books, the Bible, the crafts, the maps, the way it ties everything together, is fun and makes us think. The TLT group too. All blessings from the Lord which I thank God for. We are learning so much and have so much to anticipate!
Post a Comment