This blog includes my musings on God's grace as He leads me through each and every day. He has adopted me as His child, and He enables me to be a pediatric nurse and a homeschool mom. Only through His power! All glory and honor to Christ my Savior.
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Reality
Well, when I pondered 2009, I never thought I would begin it with my mother in ICU. But, as the title of my blog says, God did and does provide grace for my day. Mom is doing much better now. Amazingly through the whole experience, I was not fearful about the outcome. I knew that God held the outcome tightly in His Mighty Hand. In a crazy way, I'm thankful for the experience. Once again, I was totally not in control......what better way to completely surrender. But, why is it that I have such an easy time with complete and total surrender when things are going badly, but not when they are going well? Why do I find more strength to reach up when I'm lower. Lord, help me to reach to You as much in the day to day gritty details of life as I do in emergencies. Thank You for Your faithfulness to me even when I'm not reaching back to You.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I Love,love love your blog!!!! I was pondering the other day--the same as you... How can I so easily surrender during a crisis, yet have such a hard time in my every day life? Great minds ponder alike
!!!!!
Love and kisses Edie
That would be me too. In our recent ice storm experience, I found myself leaning heavily on the Lord just to get by. In the day to day, not so much. "Pray without ceasing" is something that I need to work on. There's still a lot of work to be done here.
Post a Comment