Sunday, November 2, 2008

Sharon on Sunday

Thought I'd give you a "day in the life of Sharon trying to sleep on a Sunday."

Sharon got home from work around 8:40AM, very tired so she stayed home and did Bible Study until she fell asleep around 10:30AM.

11:15AM----Pounding on the door----it's Sharon's roommate---roommate's daughter has played a trick on roommate and locked her out of the house and does not go to open it, so Sharon gets up after about 10 minutes of pounding and opens door for roommate---sends up prayer of thanks that roommate will move out on Dec 6.

11:30AM---Sharon falls back to sleep

12N---Phone rings. It's Adam calling from his Dad's saying "We'll be home around 3:30PM." Sharon replies "that's nice....goodbye."

12:15PM---Sharon falls back to sleep.

12:45PM---Phone rings. It's Abigail calling from her Dad's saying "Hi Mommy, I love you!" Sharon replies----"I love you too, good bye!"

1PM---Sharon falls asleep

1:45PM----Phone rings. It's Adam. "Hi Mommy, just wanted you to know that Jonathan called and he can go with us to the chili cookoff party on Friday night. I really want Dylan to go too but I know we don't have enough room for all those kids in our car if Rebekkah goes with Abigail too---do we?" Sharon replies---"please talk to me about this when I'm awake----I love you---good bye."

2:00PM---Sharon falls asleep

2:30PM---phone rings---"Mommy, we're on our way home now." Sharon replies---"That's great---goodbye."

2:45PM---Sharon falls asleep.

3:15PM---Phone rings----"Mommy---we're at the door---please come open it (roommate is gone)." Sharon gets up, greets ex wearing bathrobe and frustrated, sleepy expression, lets kids in and goes back to bed.

3:30PM Sharon Falls asleep

3:35PM Abigail wakes Sharon up "Mommy, can I have 2 pieces of candy?" Sharon---"yes, good night"

3:45PM Sharon falls asleep

4:00PM Adam wakes Sharon up "Mommy, can I have root beer?" Sharon----"yes---good night."

4:10PM---Sharon falls back to sleep.

4:35PM---Abigail wakes Sharon up---"Mommy, Adam's working on the computer and he won't let me change the TV channel!!!!" Sharon---"go away--I want to sleep this last 25 minutes!"

4:40PM---Sharon falls back to sleep.

4:55PM---Adam wakes Sharon up---"Mommy, can I have a piece of dirt cake?" Sharon---"could you not have let me sleep 5 more minutes until my alarm goes off?!!!!"

5:00PM---Sharon's alarm goes off---time to get up and get ready for work. Sharon is really grouchy!

I am so thankful I have my beautiful children---especially when I'm fully awake after a good night's sleep!

No comments: