Tuesday, March 5, 2013

God's Grace in Changes

Yes, I have once again returned to this blog. Yep, another try.  Grace upon grace.  The past is behind me. 

So much has changed since my last post.  And I have learned a huge lesson in obedience.  Obedience when it's hard.  The kids and I have officially changed churches to Summit RDU.  Such a gospel-filled, missions oriented church.  The people of God living on the mission of God.  It has truly been an amazing thing to be a part of.  One of my children was not at all happy about this change in the beginning, but understood that we had to move in order to be obedient to the call of God.  And the way God has blessed this particular child has been simply beyond my comprehension. 

Our lead pastor, JD Greear, has written several books.  Two in particular will rock your world.  The first is called "Gospel: Recovering the Power That Made Christianity Revolutionary."  Here's the link on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Gospel-Recovering-Power-Christianity-Revolutionary/dp/1433673126/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1362526863&sr=8-3&keywords=jd+greear

and his newest book is called "Stop Asking Jesus Into Your Heart."

http://www.amazon.com/Stop-Asking-Jesus-Into-Heart/dp/1433679213/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1362526863&sr=8-1&keywords=jd+greear

Now before you faint, this book is not trying to say that people shouldn't be saved, or that they shouldn't pray a prayer of salvation.  What it does is explain the difference between current posture before God and a prayer at sometime in the past that may or may not have been sincere.  Read the description.  I'm not great at book reviews, but this book has helped me to settle the question of "Am I really saved?  Did I really mean it?  Did I say the wrong words?  Did I repent enough?"  It also helps those who are counting on the fact that they prayed a prayer many years ago and yet live lives that show no evidence of being changed. 

Both books are excellent and I highly recommend them.  I am, in fact, much better at reading books than I am at writing blogs.  Enjoy, and until next time, remember God's grace and the power of the gospel.

Sharon


1 comment:

Abby said...

Glad YOU'RE back :P