Friday, October 8, 2010

Fall Trip to the Mountains

Praise God for His majesty here in the NC mountains. Adam and Abigail and I are here for a couple of days, and the weather is amazing. We were up on the top of Grandfather Mountain today---on the Mile High Swinging Bridge. And it was swinging a bit. That was no problem though. Climbing on the steep rocks on the other side---well let's just say that is getting harder with age. But it was so worth the view. Took lots of pictures. Hoping to be able to get them off of the SD card and onto the computer soon. I do not have a computer brain by any stretch of the imagination. But hopefully soon they will get off the card and maybe into this blog. We'll see.

This is one time that I think riding a motorcycle would be a blast (don't tell my mom lol---kind of funny since I am a mom). The color is beautiful, the Blue Ridge Parkway was amazing. It was cool, sunny and beautiful. Hmmmmmmm. Want to come back soon to be sure.

Other things we've hit during this trip: Mast General Store, and of course the Mast Annex (the Farthing Store) with all of the candy barrels, Cornerstone Christian Store (my very favorite Christian store), Mystery Hill----very strange....slanted floor plus strange magnetic force means Sharon was almost sitting on her bottom, the 2 story Wendy's, Downtown Blowing Rock complete with the town park (sad to see the Mast Store there is closed), Dan'l Boone Inn for lunch, Canyons for lunch---on the patio no less. I'm sure we've done other things I'm not thinking about, but wow has this been fun! Off to the beach next week. So excited! 3 years since our last vacation.....Thank You Lord for this lovely break!

No comments: